SARC

Contingut sindicat
Latest Amateur Radio News from around the world
Actualitzat: fa 22 minuts 16 segons

Latest ITU News Magazine

Ds, 12/10/2019 - 10:00
The latest ITU News Magazine it's all devoted to Spectrum Managing and, among many others, there is an article from David Sumner K1ZZ
Categories: en

Can online ham radio exams improve accessibility?

Ds, 12/10/2019 - 10:00
It's been estimated that since the introduction of UK Foundation in 2002 some 40% of local clubs have run training courses, but what if you live in areas served by the other 60%?
Categories: en

One month until the transit of Mercury

Ds, 12/10/2019 - 10:00
Mark your calendar. One month from today, the tiny black form of Mercury will cross the disk of the sun--a rare transit that happens only 13 times each century
Categories: en

Norfolk Island operation

Ds, 12/10/2019 - 10:00
Operators Jacek SP5EAQ (VK9NE), Mek SP7VC (VK9NC) and Marcin SP5ES (VK9NG) will be active from Norfolk Island (OC-005) between October and November
Categories: en

DX News from the ARRL

Ds, 12/10/2019 - 10:00
The American Radio Relay League's round-up of the forthcoming week's DX activity on the amateur radio bands
Categories: en

Pitcairn Island DXpedition

Dv, 11/10/2019 - 08:30
We are pleased to announce our pilot station network for the Pitcairn Island DXpedition. Our pilot station system is in place to relay your reports, concerns, and advise to us through our pilot stations
Categories: en

SARL Day of the Radio Amateur

Dv, 11/10/2019 - 08:30
The Sandton and Hammies ARCs are hosting the SARL Day of the Radio Amateur over the weekend of 3 to 5 April 2020
Categories: en

2019 AMSAT Symposium on-line registration open until October 11

Dv, 11/10/2019 - 08:30
An on-line registration rate for the 37th Annual AMSAT Space Symposium and General Meeting, Friday through Sunday, October 18-20, 2019, in Arlington, Virginia, is available through October 11, 2019 per the following schedule
Categories: en

Comoros Island DXpedition

Dv, 11/10/2019 - 08:30
Members of the Mediterraneo DX Club (MDXC) will be active as D68CCC from Comoros Island (AF-007) between October 21st and November 2nd
Categories: en

DXCC Most Wanted

Dv, 11/10/2019 - 08:30
The 'DXCC Most Wanted' entities list has been updated on ClubLog as of October 2nd
Categories: en

Mobile Matters: new Ofcom research on how people use their mobile phones

Dv, 11/10/2019 - 08:30
Ofcom research on how people use their mobile phone sheds new light on people’s experiences of making calls and getting online on the move. Ofcom’s Mobile Matters report analyses how around 150,000 people used their Android phone between 1 January and 31 March 2019 – helping Ofcom to understand mobile users’ changing needs
Categories: en

New UK Entry Level Licence proposed

Dij, 10/10/2019 - 09:45
RSGB VHF Manager John Regnault G4SWX has set out his proposal for a new Entry Level amateur radio licence
Categories: en

Devon school's ISS contact

Dij, 10/10/2019 - 09:45
Essex Ham reports on the successful Amateur Radio contact between Bampton School in Devon (GB4BPS) and astronaut Drew Morgan KI5AAA (NA1SS) on the ISS that took place on October 8
Categories: en

Vital work of WWV at Fort Collins, Colorado

Dij, 10/10/2019 - 09:45
Broadcaster KUNC reports that a little-known radio station in Fort Collins might one day save the world
Categories: en

Arctic aurora surprise

Dij, 10/10/2019 - 09:45
Who needs sunspots? Yesterday, the spotless sun sparked an outburst of Arctic auroras right in the middle of Solar Minimum
Categories: en

BBC Television received in South Africa

Dij, 10/10/2019 - 09:45
Norman G4AYU wrote: Just been posted on the BBC Archive twitter account. It's an old video from 1949 featuring G8IG and ZS1PK
Categories: en

Help celebrate the 75th anniversary of Voice of America – Bethany Relay Station

Dij, 10/10/2019 - 09:45
Her six massive transmitters may be quiet, but she is far from silent. Amateur radio operators routinely talk to the world from station WC8VOA in West Chester, Ohio, located about 25 miles north of Cincinnati. This former VOA relay station is now a museum with collections from the Gray History of Wireless Radios; Powel Crosley Jr., and Cincinnati radio and TV broadcasting history; and the Voice of America
Categories: en

Raspberry Pi Ham Radio Remote reviewed

Dij, 10/10/2019 - 09:45
Al Williams WD5GNR writes on Hackaday about the MFJ amateur radio RigPi Station Server
Categories: en

IOTA news from the DARC

Dij, 10/10/2019 - 09:45
Compiled by Andreas, DK5ON of the Deutscher Amateur Radio Club
Categories: en

From amateur radio buff to NASA's go-to guy

Dc, 09/10/2019 - 09:00
ABC News article about radio amateur Tony Hutchison VK5ZAI says 'NASA considers this 80-year-old radio buff part of the astronaut family'
Categories: en